Current | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001
21 November 2006
Workshop on Third party damage to utilities
A workshop held on 21 November 2006 on third party interference to utilities in the road corridor has highlighted a number of issues to be addressed by all parties in this sector.
The conclusions from the workshop include:
- Principals must ensure that road opening notices are obtained prior to works being undertaken, as this enables all appropriate parties to be advised, and decimates the strike rate.
- Every-one has a responsibility to have accurate plans identifying the location of utilities. This includes having a system to update them when works are completed.
- Better monitoring and auditing of the work of contractors and sub-contractors is required
- With increased training and qualifications available, pre-tender requirements are simple to administer and are essential.
- Personal relationships are key to achieving better coordination of all activities in the road corridor