Membership of the NZUAG is available in two categories:
- full membership for utility network operators, corridor managers, contractors, and their industry associations.
- Associate membership is available to any other interested party including individuals.
Membership of the NZUAG provides the ability to participate in all its activities, especially in relation to the National Code of Practice for Utility Operators’ Access to Transport Corridors (the Code). Membership also includes the opportunity to be appointed as a Board member, and the ability to nominate people to participate in both the Board, and any sub-committees established.
Full members have some additional privileges including:
- Having the opportunity of their staff or Board members appointed to the NZUAG Board as a sector representative
- Making nominations for their own sector representatives
- Voting rights at General meetings, whether AGM or SGM
- The right to call a Special General Meeting