On 22 March 2018, the NZUAG commenced its second review of the National Code of Practice for Utility Operators’ Access to Transport Corridors.
The timeline for the review was:
- 1st submission period: 22 March – 20 April – completed
- Code Review promotion: June – July – completed
- 2nd submission period: 16 July – 10 August – completed
- Code document updated: October – completed
- 3rd submission period: 3 – 21 December (limited to changes accepted by the Code Review Committee from submission rounds 1 and 2) – completed
- Code document updated: January 2019 – completed
- Legal Review: February 2019 – completed
- NZUAG Board approval: February 2019 – completed (27/2)
- Treasury briefing: March 2019 – completed (15/3)
- Submit to Minister March 2019 – completed (29/3)
The updated Code has been formally submitted to the Minister for Infrastructure with all required supporting information. Once the amended Code has been approved it will be available on this website.
Later this year the NZUAG will be looking to include the updated Code in our ongoing seminar series. Look out for details for how and when we will be implementing this on this website and in the NZUAG Newsletter.
In the meantime we have a recording system so that anyone who wishes to provide feedback on the Code at any time, up to when the next formal review process happens, may do so. We welcome any suggestions for improvement and will hold them to be considered in the next review.
Submit Code Feedback
Please submit feedback or suggestions for changes to the Code using the form below.