From the Chair
There has been lots of activity since my last report. The board has led the Code promotion seminars that were held around the country in June and July. My thanks to Ross Malcolm, our partner the NZ Institute of Highway Technology (NZIHT), board members and participants for making the seminars such a success. We are currently analysing the key issues raised at the seminars to help us with planning for future events.
We are also pleased that the Minister has signed of an amended Code that corrects minor errors in the current Code. The amended Code is now on our website, effective from 16 September.
We are currently preparing for the AGM on 23 November in Auckland. I hope you can make it.
The Board Working Groups reported on their activities
at the recent August 24 Board meeting, with steady progress being made in their respective areas. While The Code Education and Awareness Seminar series remains the major focus, important work is continuing on updating the website and improving insights into Code Compliance and Enforcement issues.
- Code Promotion and Awareness Seminars: A major focus of the Board meeting was on reviewing the recent seminar series. A total of 352 people attended the 9 seminars held around the country through June and early July. The following table provides an attendance summary
plus the sense of value attendees placed on being there.
Attendees at the Hamilton Seminar
- Code Compliance and Enforcement: Two Survey Monkey surveys have been sent out seeking feedback on code compliance and enforcement issues. A total of 13 responses were received from the 20 RCA who agreed to take part in the surveys. The results will be fed into the wider feedback from the Code Education Seminar Series. Further surveys are likely as analysis identifies areas for more in-depth investigation. Anybody wishing to join the survey group should contact Brett North at
- Website Update: Work is continuing on the website updating, with the intention being to keep the site more responsive to what is happening within the industry and ensure it is as easy to navigate and find key documents and information as quickly as possible.
- Roading Optimised Decision Making and
- Corridor Access Management